For Internet Explorer 9 or newer, simply follow these steps. For Internet Explorer 8 or earlier, the only difference is that “Internet Options” is found under the “Tools” menu button.
- Click on the setting icon that looks like a Gear in the upper right corner.
- Click on Internet Options in the Dropdown
- The pop-up menu will show a variety of options, click on the “Security Tab”
- On the Security Tab is a button that says “Custom Level” – click that.
- This opens up a Security Settings pop-up, scroll down until you find the “Scripting” section.
- Press OK on the Security Settings Pop-up, then the Internet Options Pop-up
- Go the URL and type “about:config” without quotes, and hit Enter.
- This brings a page with a prompt to click a button labeled “I’ll be careful, I promise” – click this button.
That’s it, you can close the about:config tab without hitting OK, just close the window or type in a new page URL.
- Click the “Hamburger” icon of three vertical lines in the upper right.
- Find the label called Settings and click that.
- In the Settings Page, scroll down and find the hyperlink labelled “Show Advanced Settings…” Click that.
- Under the advanced settings, there is a button labelled “Content Settings…” Click that.
- Click on the Opera button in the upper left corner
- Click on the Settings Menu Selection
- This brings up a new Settings page, click on the Websites option on the left navbar.