From fine-dining feasts to brunch and beyond, here are 30 winter warmer deals in the Mother City.
They have some great dishes on special this winter. Enjoy your meal with warm heaters and blankets.
- Chicken Pie (Kotopita) chicken breast with mushrooms in puff pastry served with mashed potato and peas. R95.
- Penne Mediterranean (vegan) penne pasta in a tomato based sauce with olives and basil. R95. Optional gluten free pasta extra R20.
- Shrimp curry – de-shelled shrimp in a mild curry sauce served with rice and condiments R119.
- Beef Stew (Stifado) Topside beef pieces with baby onion steed Greek style and served with mashed potato. R 119.
Soak up the warmth with their Soup Special. Soup and Sandwich for lunch Mondays to Fridays at R65.
For fine dining spoils, go for their Winter Lunch at R595pp. Menu below:
- Milk Bun: Roasted Garlic, Smoked Pine Nut, Rosemary.
- Chicken Liver Parfait, Rhubarb, Salsa Verde.
- Beef Tartare, Oat, Jalapeno.
- Prawn Salad, Cape Malay Apricot, Sweet Potato Or Salmon, Shimeji, Avocado, Thai Broth Or Assiette Of Tomato, Labneh, Zaatar, Baba Ghanoush Or Pork Belly, Scallop, Corn, Peanut, Szechuan (R75 Supplement).
- Palate Cleanser
- Linefish, Squid, Mussel, Black Forest Ham, Cauliflower Or Grass-Fed Beef, Smoked Garlic, Madagascan Peppercorn Or Gnocchi, Tender Stem Broccoli, Pickled Carrot, Salsa Verde.
- Raspberry, Peach, Vanilla, Prosecco Or Mango, Pistachio, Milk Chocolate Or Cheese Selection.
Their brand new five-course Winter Tasting Menu costs only R285, or R420 with a wine pairing:
- Course 1: Deshelled spicy prawns, lemon, chili, garlic, caviar, ciabatta
- Course 2: Spiced lemon butter grilled fish skewer, cauliflower rice, spinach emulsion, tempura crumb
- Course 3: Seared beef fillet, raisin jus, charred confit onion puree, honey glazed carrot, broccolini
- Course 4: Rosemary grilled venison, creamed barely, beetroot puree, pickled baby marrow, port wine jus
- Course 5: Vanilla bean baked yoghurt, caramelised white chocolate, cocoa soil, mango sorbet, fresh strawberry.
Cafe Grill & Leopard Lounge at 12 Apostles
Go for their Winter Curry Special at R395pp:
- Starter: Malay Style Vegetable Pokhara with pineapple chutney & coriander yogurt.
- Mains: Selection of Curries includes Cape Malay chickpea, butternut and spinach, Mrs Tollman Chicken Curry & Atlantic Seafood Curry.
- Served with anise infused basmati rice, crispy poppadom, butter roti & selection of sambals.
- Dessert: Warm Orange, Coconut, Cardamom and Vanilla Rice Pudding with caramel sauce & candied nuts.
Anatoli Mediterranean Restaurant
Check out their Winter Tasting Menu (Vegetarian option available) at R265pp:
- Course 1: Roast tomato, chickpea and Harissa soup with garlic yoghurt and a basil pesto stuffed bun.
- Course 2: Gnocchi, prawn bisque with chive creme fraiche.
- Course 3: Parmesan and herb crusted line fish with green pea risotto and garlic cream.
- Course 4: Beef short rib, whole-grain mustard mash, broccolini, cumin caramelised shallot and jus.
- Course 5: Warm apple, carrot and beetroot polenta cake, rhubarb gel, honey and hazelnut ice cream.
Their annual Winter Bistro Menu is back! Select dishes from top down at R100 per dish on menu:
- Cous Cous and Vegetable Salad (V)
- Tongue and Cheek of Beef
- Hot Smoked Fish
- Vineyard SnailsCrayfish Bisque
- Indian Vegetable Curry (V)
- Cape Sea Harvest
- Ostrich Fillet
- Lamb Ravioli and Shank
- Gruberg & Cremonzola Cheese Tartlet
- Chocolate and Beetroot
- Guava Clafoutis
As a thank you to their local patrons for all their support, Salsify has launched a new winter special running from 1 June.
The six course menu created by Chef Ryan suits the season for R495pp. Available for lunch and dinner.
The Tasting Menu this winter at Zest is R295pp available Mondays to Thursdays for lunch and dinner:
- Course 1: Citrus-cured Line Fish, pickled cucumber, radish, yoghurt, dill, and wasabi
- Course 2: Wood-fired roasted tomato, ricotta, fresh basil, and olives
- Course 3: Grilled line-fish, lentils, tomato fondue, and charred baby marrow
- Course 4: Beef Fillet, chili, ginger, garlic, spring onion, and sprouts
- Course 5: Coconut panna cotta, almond brittle, and mango sorbet.
A Vegetarian five-course is also available at R245.
Cape Point Vineyards
Their Winter Menu Items are as follows:
- Franschhoek Salmon Trout R120
- Beetroot Carpaccio (V) R105
- Cheese Souffle R110
- Hoisin Glazed Pork Belly R105
- Panko crumbed Prawns R145.
- Market Fish R195
- Fillet of Beef R245
- Prawns R245
- Nero vegan risotto(V) R170
- Tasting of Karoo Lamb R260.
- Blonde Chocolate Cheesecake R95
- Frozen Lemon Meringue Parfait R85
- Warm Cherry & White Chocolate Spongecake R90
- Cheese Board for 1 R130.
Here are their winter specialities:
- Seafood Wontons R135
- Chargrilled Chicken Wings R165
- Miso Marinated Sea Bass R245
- Chargrilled Rump R225
- Braised Short Rib R195
- Chicken Teriyaki R145
Gibsons Waterfront are running daily specials during winter, all valid until end September 2022:
- Mondays: Buy one Burger, Get one free
- Tuesdays: Buy one Shake, Get one free
- Wednesdays: Ladies Night: Free wine from 17h00 -21h00, Vegan & Vegetarian Burgers half price
- Thursdays: Free music by George Sax
TTK Fledgelings has launched a Winter Menu with Paul Cluver Estate Wine.
4 Courses at R550pp. With Wine Pairing by Paul Cluver, add R300. Available from June to end September.
Here are Zenzero’s winter warmers:
- Bread: Garlic & parmesan knots R95.
- Fish: Skillet-roasted prawns R195 / Tuna R245.
- Meat: Braised oxtail R195.
- Pizza: Anchovy zucchini blossoms R145.
- Veg: Cacio e pepe spaghetti squash R135.
Mint at Taj
Mint has daily specials as per below:
- Monday: Beef R139 / Chicken Burger R129.
- Tuesday: Seared Line Fish R159.
- Wednesday: Karan Steak R205.
- Thursday: Prawns Butterfly R205.
- Friday: Surf & Turf R240.
- Saturday: Chicken Nachos R145.
Winter Specials at Lilys includes:
- Breakfast: Cilbir (V)(GF) R95, Breakfast Sandwich R115, Sticky Toffee Pancakes (V) R95.
- Lunch: Crispy Prawns R165, Crispy Vegan Potstickers (V)(VG) R135.
- Main Event: Fish Taco R175, K.F.C. Korean Fried Chicken Burger R145, Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings R155.
Winter Specialities at Bobos are:
- Bread for the Table:
– Sourdough, Whipped Feta & Roast Tomato R140.
– Sourdough, Roast Garlic, Herb, Balsamic & Parmesan R95.
- Prawn Linguiine R195: Garlic, Chilli, Parsley, Lemon, Cream.
- Plate of Prawns: R175/295 6 or 12, Lemon Butter or Spicy Lemon Garlic, Fries or Rice.
- Seafood Cioppino R265: Tomato Broth, White Fish, Mussels, Clams, Prawns, House Sourdough.
- Ragu of Oxtail R195: Tagliatelle, Parmesan.
- Osso Bucco R175: Saffron Risotto.
Their Winter Set Menus are 2 Course – R325 or 3 Course – R395.
Enjoy these Winter Specialities at Blanko:
- Grilled Prawns R195: lemon butter or garlic chili relish.
- Aged Sirloin R225: marinated & grilled artichokes, horseradish sauce.
- Braised Oxtail Ragu R195: potato gnocchi, parmesan.
- Tortellini Brown Butter & Sage R165: parmesan, roast garlic, toasted walnuts.
Winter set menus: 2 course R325, or 3 course R395.
Wear your favourite winter coat and gaze over their majestic oak trees in their winter dormancy while tucking into dishes on Tryn’s winter menu:
For R435 per person, select 3 courses from the a la carte menu, including a surprise amuse bouche to start and a chocolate truffle to end.
Valid for lunch and dinner until 30 September 2022. Some dishes may incur a surcharge.